Friday 20 May 2011

whatever happened to baby jesus?

well, he grew up, realised his divine nature, was sacrificed and saved mankind. Impressive. But here, the question is a personal one, for, you see, something strange happened to me a while ago: My devoted parents had booked me on the Paradise Express, a comfy seat in the compartment marked RC, heck I even met the saintly pope. I was a somewhat grubby sheep of the Lord's flock, but I believed with a sincere and contrite heart and despite the healthy scepticism, I never imagine that the basic tenant would change. It did. It was neither conversion or aversion. I didn't suddenly turn against religion. There was no crises of faith. I just got off the train. I left, turned and waved goodbye. I had painted pictures of the saints, written icons, designed vestments, altar covers and chalices with complete devotion. I could not do this again. I did not know it at the time, but this turned out to be the last drawing I did of Jesus the Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment